Thursday, March 24, 2011

Boys with Paint

Eight 7 year-old boys with tempera paint and too much energy. That's how my week started. Oh, and parents shooting me laser death ray eyes about the paint. It wasn't really that bad, I did make sure that the paint was washable, and they boys all had on their tiger cub shirts, which are normally navy blue unless some irresponsible/mischievous adult gives them paint with the only instruction being to mix it up and make art.


It was fun though, I like watching kids create. They aren't intimidated by the idea of creating. I enjoy watching their willingness to just try. If you put  a big sheet of white paper in front of them, they'll go to town, painting and coloring and drawing whatever they can imagine. A lump of clay will become a spaceship, dinosaurs, zoo animals or with boys, a gun. (I don't know whats up with that, but Boybat will nibble his toast into the shape of a gun. It must be boy genes. I used to get concerned about his obsession until I saw that all his friends did the same thing.)

The rest of my week has been chiropractor visits and massages. Tomorrow is a parent teacher conference that I'm assuming will go well. I haven't heard from any of the other moms that Boybat is the demon spawn of Beelzebub. And he does his homework, so how bad could it be? After that I'm dragging his little Boybat butt to the cross stitch store in Spokane.

I put a small dent into Sweet By and By on Sunday, but have ignored all things stitching the last three days.
Back to it tonight.

If you get a chance, remember to become a follower by March 31st so you'll be eligible to win the sampler below. I'll announce the winner that evening.

No comments: