Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I forgot about grown up time

Ahhh, its been really quiet here the last 5 days. Boybat has been in Washington visiting with nana, papa, aunt, uncle, and cousins. The house has stayed clean for close to a week and I havent stepped on a freakin' lego since Friday!

These past 5 days, we've been doing all sorts of things that we dont normally have a chance to do. We went to a great concert out at the Gorge (WooHoo, Nickelback), ate dinner out twice (with MARTINIS) and rented movies we never get to watch (R rated with sex and violence too!) since we're usually asleep right after Boybat goes to sleep.

5 glorious days of NO Spongebob, Ben 10, or Fairly odd Parents (all of which he watches because they're tv shows that I can actually sit through without wanting to gouge out my eyes and stuff them in my ears).

5 days of not having to practically bribe or threatening him to eat his dinner, or put on his nightnight clothes (yes, I said nightnight, what about it?). No arguments with the other little boys in the neighborhood about who's turn it is to play with the big truck.

Calm, quiet discussions between adults without getting interrupted every 2 minutes so the stuffed animal-of-the-day can ask us questions or sing us a song.

THANK GOODNESS WE BRING HIM HOME TOMORROW! I miss all that stuff and the lively, adorable things that he does that sometimes I take for granted. Its nice to have grown-up time, but I'm really ready for family-time again.


No comments: